Definitions and interpretation
|Data||Collectively all information that you submit to GoSparen via the Application.|
|Data||A small text file placed on your computer or mobile device by this Application when you visit certain parts of the Application and/or when you use certain features of the Application. Details of the Data used by this Application are set out in the clause below (Data);|
|GoSparen, or us||GoSparen, a company incorporated in Connecticut with registered number, whose registered office is at 412 Main Street, Ridgefield. CT 06877;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Application and is not either (i) employed by GoSparen and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to GoSparen and accessing the Application in connection with the provision of such services;|
|Application||The Application that you are currently using, SparenApp.|
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We will collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
a. Non-Registered users can watch videos without registering and without any information being collected and processed. However the visitor's IP address will be recorded in the event that there is any misappropriation of information and/or content.
b. Registered Members: The following personal information is required at the time of registration: username, year of birth and email address. All this data with the exception of the email address and IP address becomes publicly accessible information.
. Emails: If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Privacy Act of 1974, GoSparen is the "data controller".
6. We will retain any Data you submit for 1 month.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Privacy Act of 1974. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Application. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
Third party Applications and services
11. GoSparen may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Application. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Application.
Links to other Applications
Changes of business ownership and control
14. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
16. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
17. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
18. sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Application
19. To use all features and functions available on the Application, you may be required to submit certain Data.
20. You may restrict your internet browser's use of Data. For more information see the clause below (Data).
21. Data security is of great importance to GoSparen and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Application.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Application.
24. This Application may place and access certain Data on your computer or mobile device. GoSparen uses Data to improve your experience of using the Application. GoSparen has carefully chosen these Data and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
25. All Data used by this Application are used in accordance with current Privacy Act of 1974.
26. Before the Application places Data on your computer or mobile device, you will be presented with a requesting your consent to set those Data. By giving your consent to the placing of Data, you are enabling GoSparen to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Data; however certain features of the Application may not function fully or as intended.
27. You can choose to enable or disable Data in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Data but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
28. You can choose to delete Data at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Application more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
29. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
32. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Effective July 13, 2016